Changes to rules from Mayweek 2002 to 2003
There follow the main changes to the rules since last year. Please read through the main
- All guns which could be mitaken for real guns should be painted and registered with the Umpire, with the
exception of RPGs which should just be painted.
- RPG rifles are allowed however they must not be used at point blank range (i.e. less than 1m where a
bang kill can be used instead).
- LARP weaponry is allowed, but only for use by people who know how to use it. If in doubt ask the umpire. No
stabbing, try and avoid headshots. Pull your blows.
- Cheap plastic swords are banned unless specifically licensed by the umpire. This does not affect lightsabres which
tend to be more robust.
- Rules on computers in libraries have been clarified - see the main rules.
- Players are asked not to announce to the entire IRC channel that player X just shot them, can someone please come
and shoot him back, until the report has been up on the website for at least 10 minutes.
- Rifle action RPG pistols are to be treated as RPG rifles as far as kills are to be concerned. i.e. bang kills ONLY at ranges of less than 1m.
- Players should avoid fighting across roads with traffic on them
- Moving vehicles should not be used except for bikes when it is safe to do so.