The Assassins' Guild: Michaelmas 2006 Game Awards
For various achievements and entertainments, the following awards are presented:
- The Lemming Award for the first to die:
- Matthew Causier, stabbed by his next-door neighbour on his way to lectures.
- The Holzhauer Award for psychopathy:
- Joshua Guy Blanchard Lewis, for killing eight players.
- Also unhinged:
- Steven James Shenton, who managed to kill seven.
- The Robocop Award for killing wanted criminals:
- Jacob Samuel Corteen managed to kill 4 of them.
- Also The Law:
- Captain Charisma Steven McCann and the slightly less charismatic Colin Love, who managed one each.
- The 'I Shot the Sheriff' Award for butchering cops:
- Daniel Charles Craik managed to kill five legally. No live player killed any police illegally
- The Mario Sainz-Martinez Award for cowwuption:
- Jacob Samuel Corteen, who was the only person who managed to go corrupt more than once.
- The Dr Kimble Award for surviving the longest time on the wanted list:
- Jonathan Wright, who managed 10 days, 8 hours and 10 minutes because no-one could be bothered to walk to Homerton.
- The Kenny Award for dying far too many times:
- Once again this was Jacob Samuel Corteen, who provided target practice for several assassins.
- The David Duffit Award for secrecy and deception:
- Richard Gibson who did a reasonable job of convincing people that he wasn't playing. For a while, anyway.
- The Laurel And Hardy Award for most amusing double-act:
- Joshua Guy Blanchard Lewis and Richard Gibson, both for the cheese incident, and for the exchanges on IRC, including Joshua deliberatly telling Richard where he was going to be, and Richard following up on all of them.
- Morecambe and Wise:
- Simeon Bird and Steve McCann for their Klingon feud.
- The Darwin Award for death by stupidity:
- James Uffindell, who attacked Felicity Boyce in a room full of LARPers with only a broken RBG, and subsequently agreed to duel with this against two working RBGs, rather than running away.
- The David and Goliath Award for best giant-killing activity by a new player:
- Lim Hoe Kit got Michael Wallace PhD after chatting to Sarah Donnelly (who failed to kill him despite his being inco).
- The 'Ginger Cake' Award for the 'smoothest' kill:
- Michael Wallace deserves a mention here for managing to shoot an inco while actually aiming at someone else in the room, of the opposite sex to the target
- The Three Hours Early Award for paranoia:
- Richard Gibson seemed to take circuitous routes everywhere.
- The Reversed Burden of Johannes Award for unintentionally killing innocents:
- We are 97% certain that this is Steve McCann, who managed to get one, but also convinced two other people to shoot innocents.
- The Catherine Zentile Award for least innocent innocent:
- Simeon Bird (before he joined the police), who lurked outside of Michael Patrick Wallace's door, scared him in his lectures, and even put a cardboard crocodile outside of his door.
- Also dodgy:
- Tom Booth, who sent photos and information to new players at opportune moments.
- The Brutus Award for best betrayal:
- Sarah Donnelly, who shot her ally Daniel Charles Craik, who she thought had betrayed her, but actually hadn't.
- Amos Micah How, who got bored during an attempt, and shot his police ally Seb Jefferies.
- The Concerned Citizen Award:
- None of the citizens seemed terribly concerned, a few people got one, but that was all
- The Yellow Streak Award for running away:
- Richard Gibson, who even ran away from non-players.
- Also custardy:
- Michael "Tactical Retreat" Wallace, just because
- The Richard Gibson Award for marksmanship:
- Richard Gibson still doesn't seem to have improved his aim.
- The Gary Lineker Award for Sportsmanship:
- Amos Micah How, who resigned before the duel as he felt he had not done enough, although the Umpires felt that he deserved to continue.
- The Obfuscated Tutorial System Award for silliest pseudonym:
- Withheld. No exciting pseudonyms this game. :(
for the most amusing reports:
- Withheld. You were all boring.
Home / Email