The Assassins' Guild: Mayweek 2007 Game Awards
For various achievements and entertainments, the following awards are presented:
- The Lemming Award for the first to die:
- Stephen Cairns returned us to the happy days of Trinitarian Lemmings, dying to Konrad Dabrowski as he made a bit of a mess of his alliance strategy..
- The Holzhauer Award for psychopathy:
- Philip Bielby, for killing an impressive 33 players.
- The Kenny Award for dying far too many times:
- Michael Donaghy continued his fine Mayweek form, although only 15 deaths this year...
- The 'Do you have my fish?' Award for excuse least likely to get someone to open the door:
- Simeon Bird, who managed to get two kills with the opening gambit of "I found a USB memory stick with your name on a file on it, and the porters said I should bring it here".
- The Laurel And Hardy Award for most amusing double-act:
- Simeon Bird and Philip Bielby, who seemed pretty inseparable.
- Also joined at the hip:
- Joshua Guy Blanchard Lewis and J Doe.
- The Order of the Black Coat for application of the art of disguise:
- J Doe, whose Japanese tourist disguise the Umpire was lucky enough to experience first hand.
- The Darwin Award for death by stupidity:
- Michael Donaghy for backstabbing two allies, but not killing two others who were standing next to him...
- The Reversed Burden of Johannes Award for unintentionally killing innocents:
- Tom Booth and Joshua Guy Blanchard Lewis got one each, but everyone was rather restrained this game.
- The Catherine Zentile Award for least innocent innocent:
- J Doe who, despite starting as a Player, resigned and then continued to put in more effort than most of the live Assassins.
- Also shady:
- Steve McCann, also after retiring, who tried to get the entire game to attack the Downing Ball queue, just so he wouldn't be bored waiting.
- The Brutus Award for best betrayal:
- Michael Donaghy, who took out half of his 'mafia'.
- The Yellow Streak Award for running away:
- Thomas Booth and Jacob Samuel Corteen, who ran away to the Continent.
- Also cowardly:
- Michael Wallace somehow got nominated again.
- The Girton Award for the kill furthest away:
- Jacob Samuel Corteen gets this by two feet, since Thomas Booth was slightly further away from Cambridge when they double-killed in Amsterdam.
- The Obfuscated Tutorial System Award for silliest pseudonym:
- Withheld. You all suck :(
for the most amusing reports:
- Similarly withheld (although Simeon Bird gets an honourable mention).
Home / Email